In commemoration of the big 4-0, here is a place for all of us to ruminate, iterate, initiate....our thoughts and memories about Michael. But don't hesitate, time is short.







Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where were you on 4/24/70?

I was 11 months old. I was probably at home, reading the encyclopedia or potty training myself according to my mother. However, I don't really know.

I do know where Bruce Springsteen was. He was in a band called Steel Mill playing in NJ. Sad but true.



Where were you?



6 comments:

  1. I was not born. I am not suprised that the biggest Bruce fan EVER (Mr.John) knows where he was at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not alive but I am sure the world has been a better for Uncle Mike since October 17 1998! He needed another great dancer and ketchup lover in the family! Love you Uncle Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUHHH... I was celebrating.... The Gambia became a republic on that day. That's probably why Bruce and co. were doing a show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day in the Life... Lenny... circa 1970...
    Looking around for one of those new disco records to put on the player...
    Practicing some new dance moves....
    Training my prefect "parted down the middle" hair for the 80's yet to come…
    Wondering why everyone didn’t have blue eyes like me… so sad...
    Deciding checked or striped bell bottoms for the next day…
    Playing with (redecorating) with the Big Jim camper (Barbie might have been there to, I’m just saying)...
    I’m not sure but I think the Earth moved for me that day as well…
    It just took 39 years for me to know why…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what I was doing. Sitting at home waiting for the arrival of the One.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.