In commemoration of the big 4-0, here is a place for all of us to ruminate, iterate, initiate....our thoughts and memories about Michael. But don't hesitate, time is short.







Friday, February 19, 2010

My Brother Michael

I have a little brother. His name is Michael. He is going to turn 40 very soon. Which makes me...well a little older.

I met a woman the other day who had just met Michael and she said she loved him. Everyone who meets Michael just LOVES him. Why is that? His quick wit? No. His mad dancing skills. Not likely. His unexplained, deep and passionate love for ketchup? I don't think that's it either.

I have a theory. But you probably all have theories too. I thought that in honor of this upcoming momentous occassion, we might explore that as people these days explore topics of interest - publicly and on the internet.

Don't get me wrong....I don't expect this to be a love fest for goodness sakes! I'm sure that most of our musings will start off with some nice sentimental thought but will quickly transform into a memory along these lines - Michael lying on the floor fast asleep after eating a holiday meal while his sisters gently place as many napkin rings as possible (in the shapes of animals) all over his body.

I have a theory. What's yours?

3 comments:

  1. really? people love Michael? I am stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My theory is that my Uncle Mike is very fun to be around. (He is also very funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a theroy... (yes, in fact, another one he is simply LOVEABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.